Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 23

Worked on a lot of different parts/portions to Project Prowl this weekend.   
Finished end caps on the doors and also did a primer coat.  
Painted the belt pieces black and color touches as well.  
Changed plans for the elevated feet and found new material.

Belt pieces are finished with paint colors, and will add a clear coat spray next weekend before I assemble belt together with vinyl straps.   
The three cover plates will be glued on later.

 Primer coat on Both doors and did a flat black on inside of doors.
The final look will be a gloss black & white two-tone on outside with a final clear coat spray protectant.   
I photo-shopped the lettering text to get an idea of what the doors would look like with letter decals.

Last week I submitted an online quote from an Orthopedic website that custom builds elevated platforms onto your existing shoes or boots soles
They quoted me $600 for a six inch lift for a pair of shoes, hell no. 
Instead I found some vinyl molding planks from Home Depot for $30 that will work just fine.  
The vinyl plank is the same weight as wood and just as strong, plus the vinyl will not split from drilling screws into it.   
Cut the plank into ten inch pieces and stacked six for each foot to give a six inch lift.  
Still going to use the foot plastic parts from before that resemble the front of a robot toe. 
The black rectangle thing with all the holes in it is a piece of rubber floor mat I cut out to use for bottom sole on foot.   
Perfect for traction so I won't slip and fall and provides extra walking cushion.

Once I get the desired height from vinyl planks, I will use cut-out pieces of plastic to cover lift planks and either screw or rivet them to the feet.  
The plastic is from black storage bins found at a discount outlet store.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Right Shoulder

Finished right side shoulder and tire mount bracket.  Cut and screwed together 2nd shoulder tire.  Wanted to paint more parts but the rainy weather didn't permit it



Sunday, March 10, 2013


   Today I worked on the left shoulder again.  The plan was to create a plastic shoulder housing that goes on over the tire mount bolt.   
Bent a new tire bolt bracket from a 4 inch L-bracket, new workbench vice came in handy.

Started a cardboard template for actual shoulder housing. 

 Cut out bottom corners of a white plastic bin for material, and riveted them together.  The exposed rivets turned out looking cool.


Worked great, now to make the right side shoulder and other tire.  At least I won't have to paint the shoulders because white was the intended color.


  Here are a few photo's of my workshop in the basement.  Just mounted a vice on corner workbench, not as good as the one I had in SD but it will do just fine.  This used to be Jim's old workshop until we built the new garage with side wood-shop for all his awesome projects.


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Foot Base

   Started on the base for feet.  Took the seats from original PW car and cut in half.  Then noticed an interesting concept with the back rest flipped over, could pass for a foot.  Processed a few ideas in my head and came up with idea for using both parts of each seat as Foot bases.  Going to use some rubber mat material for sole, great for traction, and maybe add some blocks to gain 6 to 8 inches in overall height.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thinner Shoulder Tire

   Modified the tire that mounts onto shoulder, cut out 2 inches of center tread to make it thinner.  Here is a before and after photo with shoulder tire mounted.  Also worked on doors some.  Hopefully I can finish doors enough to primer and start the two-tone black and white coats.  Will order decals for doors with next paycheck.