Thursday, January 31, 2013

I started this project the first week of January of 2013, and I started this blog 3 weeks later.
My class schedule for February has allowed for more time to work on Prowl.   
It has been difficult  to locate a distributor of plastics locally here in Roanoke, so I am waiting for a catalog from a plastic company to maybe get some plastic sheet material.
This photo is of a more recent released Prowl figure that has more detail and articulation.   
The lower leg sections is the same design I will attempt to re-create.



Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WEEK 2 Jan 11th - 18th

 This is a torn apart camel-back backpack harness that I will be using as primary frame for torso parts to connect onto.

 Front grill with hood, neck area cut-out on hood.

 Car chassis and body sectioned apart easily once I cut each door out.  You can also see where plastic foam partitions have been cut to fit inside hollow areas for filler and support.

 Here is a successful job of using my rivet gun, was much easier than gorilla glue.

 Black Rubber sealant spray was applied on tire treads for a cleaner looking surface, tread was thoroughly scuffed and scrapped.

 Dash and windshield assembly will be fashioned onto backpack frame just behind shoulders.

WEEK 1 January 4th - 11th

Found a red mustang power wheels car on Craigslist for $20.  
Condition was in good shape considering it was sitting in someones backyard.  
Has a minor crack in hood and two dog chews that can be cut or sanded down.  
The discoloration in the plastic and surface scratches won't be an issue since I will be priming and repainting the entire body.

 Built a work table with a shelf below for parts

All week was spent cleaning and disassembling car down to bare parts.
Removed all decals / stickers and the entire electrical wiring harness.


Front grill assembly is perfect size for chest piece with the hood modified.