Sunday, May 5, 2013

New Helmet

My initial idea for making a helmet from a plastic cast mold is officially scrapped.
First I don't have the money for $300 worth of plastic cast and mold materials, I did some shopping around and that stuff ain't cheap.
Second I have improved my creative skills in working with plastics.
And third, I just wasn't happy with the clay model.
All weekend and friday afternoon I have been working on helmet and spray painting other parts.
I got the entire helmet construction done with primer coat and one white coat.
Tomorrow I will do another white coat and then a clear gloss protectant final coat. 

This a concept art picture of the helmet look I was going for and the original helmet from a kids toy I found on

My new Prowl helmet under construction...

Finished and then sprayed with primer...

Presenting my new and improved Transformers Prowl helmet...
(helmet shown with forehead wing temporary in place for photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment